Thursday, April 9, 2020

Gatorade Commercial and what I learned.



Hi blog. Today I'm going to be talking about my journey since the beginning of the year started. In the beginning of the year I was already late to the class because my gudinace counselor said I could should take more AICE classes. I wasn't to sure about this class at first. I got into class and they were already working on grammar for film, I caught up pretty quickly. The first project came around and we picked our groups. Luckily I ended up with the best group members possible, this makes my whole journey much more fun and easier. We decided to do a Gatorade Commercial for our first project and to be honest I wasn't even sure where to start. We got to work planning and doing everything we needed to do beforehand. After we were done planning it was time to film. Filming was the most difficult part for me. I didn't know how to work the camera and my acting skills weren't the best. I did drama for 3 years in middle school but It didn't really help me in the long run. Our first day of filming when we got to our location we already ran into a problem, there was tons of people on the track and field, but we ended up finding our own place to film. Another problem arose when we tried to set up our tripod, a piece was gone! We went back to the classroom to get another piece and we thought our problems were finally over. We thought wrong. We tried to turn on the camera and it was dead! So yet again we went up to the classroom and got another camera. Filming was smooth sailing from that point on. Editing was pretty easy but it wasn't my strongest suit either. My teammates and I worked together thoughout the editing process. The movie was finally done. We submitted it and did the final CCR. It was on to the next project. Overall I learned how to work the camera, basic skills of editing, and how to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment