Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

          Hey guys I'm back and today the blog is about filming. As you should know by now my group and I are doing a commerical based on Gatorade and track. Personally I enjoyed filming a lot compared to the other stuff. I've always been a fan of acting and i enjoy doing it. In 3rd-5th grade I participated in multiple shows at my school and I loved it. Filming was a also a bit of a challenge and came with several diffuculties but in the end was really fun to do with my friends and a great way to spend my media studies class.
         The first thing we had to do once we got into class was make sure our storyboard blog was submitted and able to be viewed by cambridge and our teachers. I turned my blog in the day before so we were almost ready to start the filming. The next thing we did is we had to sign the sign in sheet for the camera and tripod. We also had to get a pass to make sure that the administration knew what we were doing on the track. The last step before finally starting the filming process is Aniyah and I had to get changed into our track/workout clothes. After we were ready to go to the track. Once we walked out we immediatly noticed that tons of other groups were filming there as well. We ended up finding a spot near the curve and started setting up the tripod and camera.
        While we were setting up the camera we realized that the tripod was missing the piece to connect the camera to it, without that we couldn't set up the correct angles. Stephanie went up and switched and we were good to go(or so we thought.) Right when we set up the angle for the first shot the camera died. We went to switch it and then we were finally ready to film. We did a couple running shots and then it was time to film the main shot in the commerical, it was time for me to "pass out." This shot was fairly hard to film. I didn't wanna actually get injured so we used pads that were on the field to break the fall. We had to set the camera up perfectly so that it looked like i was falling on the actual ground and not on the cushion. It took a couple tries but we got the shot and then it was time to leave. We didn't finish filming because of all the difficulties but luckily we have another day to film so we will get it done in time to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment